- May 25 : Last course, questions and answers, case studies
- May 11 : Conference by Vincent de Ville (bureau Greisch)
- May 4 : Watch videos : Isolation + Vibration testing parts I & II
- April 27 : Watch videos : Remedial measures + Damping + Tuned Vibration absorbers
- April 20 : Watch videos : Vibration problems + Dynamic response computation
- March 30 : Watch videos : Flow induced vibrations + turbulent wind excitation
- March 16 : Watch videos : reduction to SDOF system + end of response spectra (mdof)
- March 9 : Watch videos : Finite elements and continuous systems
- March 2 : Watch videos : vibration sources (end) and MDOF systems
- Feb 23 : Watch videos : vibration sources and response spectra
The class recordings can be found here : Link to podcast.
Copy of the slides and videos :
0. Practical details pdf
1. Introduction pdf
16. Vibration testing I pdf wooclap
17. Vibration testing II pdf
18. Conference Vincent de Ville pdf
(recorded on the podcast : https://podcast.ulb.ac.be//ezplayer/?action=view_album_assets&album=CNST-H-420-pub&token=VVAFSPWT)
For what we will be doing, the language is the same as MATLAB, so you are free to use either of the two softwares.
For the students who have never used Matlab/Octave, we advise to do the introduction session below, which is written for Matlab but fully compatible with Octave.
Please bring your own laptop with you for these exercise session.
For the project, we will be using a combination of Matlab/Octave and the finite element softwre FinElg, see instructions to install here
earthquakes input file (.mat)
3. Parasismic design project
4. Wind excitation project