Link to material to watch before the class for the vibration part
- For the session 08/11/2022, please watch the videos : ‘remdial measures’, ‘damping’ and ‘tuned vibration absorbers’
- For the session of 25/10/2022, next Tuesday, we’ll discuss ‘Vibration problems‘ and ‘Dynamic response computation‘ (See video in Dynamics of structures page)
- For the session of 18/10/2022 we’ll discuss ‘Continuous systems’, ‘Reduction to SDOF systems’ and ‘Flow induced vibrations’.
- For the third exercise session on 21/10/2022 we’ll continue in Session 2 starting from Exercise 4: Projecting on the modal space . I will also shorten session 3 so we can finish everything in a two hour session.
- For the session of 11/10/2022 please watch the videos Finite Elements and continuous systems, also review MDOF system video.
- For the session of 04/10/2022 please watch the videos: SDOF systems (from 28:00), Vibration sources, and MDOF systems. We’ll discuss the content in class during an interactive session.
- To join the exercise sessions you’ll need to be enrolled in the course ‘Vibrations and Acoustics’ on VUB’s canvas: https://canvas.vub.be/courses/27931. For some of you this will already have happened automatically. For those who haven’t been enrolled you can do so by clicking on the ‘+ Aan deze cursus deelnemen’ button that is visible to you in the top right corner. You should be able to login with your @vub.be mail address and the password you use for all other tools at VUB. When you are facing troubles with registering on Canvas contact Yacine Bel-Hadj : firstname.lastname@example.org .“
Information for the oral examination
Copy of the slides, videos and wooclap sessions (Vibrations) :
Download the lecture notes for chapters 1-5
0. Practical details pdf
1. Introduction pdf
7. Flow induced vibrations pdf wooclap
8. Turbulent wind excitation pdf wooclap
9. Vibration problems pdf wooclap
10. Dynamic response computation pdf wooclap
11. Remedial measures pdf wooclap
12. Damping pdf wooclap
13. Tuned vibration absorbers pdf wooclap
14. Vibration isolation pdf wooclap
15. Vibration testing I pdf wooclap
16. Vibration testing II pdf
- An introductory exercise session is now live through: https://jupyter.etrovub.be/